A Private Peering enables direct traffic exchange between two networks over a dedicated VLAN on the GE-CIX infrastructure. The Private Peering interconnect VLAN can be implemented either on a dedicated port or on an existing port with (802.1) Q-tagging.
- GE-CIX will assign a private VLAN, in the form of a VPLS instance
- GE-CIX will configure a port in the Private Peering VLAN and assign it to the Initiator
- GE-CIX will configure a port in the Private Peering VLAN and assign it to the Participant
- GE-CIX does not assign IP addresses in the Private Peering LANs. This is up to the participating parties
- Customers may connect to a Private Peering using a dedicated port, or using an existing port with a chosen 802.1Q tag
- Both parties can contact GE-CIX NOC in case of problems